10 Responses

1. Michael Cargill
    Michael Cargill April 10, 2012 at 3:17 am | | Reply

Interesting stuff.

I am sort of a fan of Powerpoint for doing various things but I would never have guessed that banner pic was done it.

2. J.r. Barker
    J.r. Barker April 10, 2012 at 6:37 am | | Reply

Why didn’t I think of that? Genius idea.

3. Henrietta C. Patten
    Henrietta C. Patten April 15, 2012 at 11:12 pm | | Reply

Excellent post. You must continue to offer excellent resources and content like you have been offering. I will most likely stop by again in the future.

4. Kimberley
    Kimberley November 2, 2012 at 4:42 am | | Reply

THANK YOU. I’m trying to self-publish my own book of children’s poetry and envision it to be fully illustrated but, due to my complete and total lack of visually artistic talent, have hit a stumbling block. I did advertise casually on elance.com for a freelance artist but they are all ridiculously pricey (and so they should be for I’m sure their work merits it…but still out of my price range). I am also technologically challenged (I’m not doing very well, am I?) and so even though I do have Adobe Illustrator on my computer, I have no idea how to use it! I’ll try Powerpoint though….sounds as if it just might be within my reach!

1. Leon
      Leon November 24, 2012 at 12:29 pm | | Reply

Check out odesk.

5. Karen
    Karen November 26, 2012 at 1:20 pm | | Reply

I think it’s great that you followed through with your idea!
    I’m trying to do the same but have some questions about publishing…
    What format did you use to publish it (Word, Powerpoint)? Did you just use JPEGs? Did you include the words on the picture or did you add them later?
    I have so many more! But I’ll start with those :)

6. Gregory Smith
    Gregory Smith December 16, 2012 at 11:41 am | | Reply

Interesting info about ppt. You then converted to .pdf to uplaod?

What about if you can draw and want to create traditional illustrations and make them digital?